How to get better sleep
Have you ever wondered how to wake up more regularly – fresh and ready to crush your day?
Have you ever felt your energy level dropping to the ground after being awake for only 3 hours?
Today you are going to get all the answers you have always had about sleep.
But first, let’s answer a simple question.
Why do we sleep?
You have a response for that, right? You will say something like, “I sleep because I don’t wanna die,” and you will be correct.
Well, generally, at least.
There are a couple of theories that exist to answer this question.
However, the explanation is not quite that simple:
The truth lies in a combination of every one of these theories.
- Psychical Recovery – this is the moment where our brain recovers.
- Physical Recovery – when we sleep, our body recovers and (re)builds tissues (muscles).
- Reorganize the memories and information that we accumulated during the day.
- We save energy – when we sleep, we need less energy.
If you are not convinced yet about taking these necessary 8 hours of rest, here’s more…
What happens if we don’t sleep enough?
To answer this question, we have to examine the consequences of sleep deprivation.
According to a survey, which shows that if you are only sleeping 2-3 hours less than the optimum amount of 8 hours, you will have 24% more hunger throughout the day.
The increased appetite leads to overweight and risk of many other conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure, and heart disease in the long term.
Another big issue with sleeplessness is that we don’t recover optimally.
Even if our diet and training plans are on point, we’ll have difficulty seeing progress.
Furthermore, our productivity throughout the day will decrease as well.
In other words, our body will suffer, our mind will suffer, our relationships will suffer, and our work will suffer too.
If that isn’t enough to make you get these 8 hours every night, we have one more thing to convince you to get more serious about it.
Short sleep duration will lose you money!
When you have a bad sleep habit, you will have trouble making good decisions. You are not focused enough, and you miss opportunities.
Missed opportunities lead to losing money.
After knowing all the consequences of bad sleeping habits, let’s jump straight into some tips that will help you.
How do we actually get better sleep?
The truth is that various factors affect your sleep quality, some of which you may not even be familiar with? However, there are fundamental truths that will do the job if you go by them.
So let’s have a look!
- Create a routine
Going to bed at the same hour every night and getting up at the same hour will make your life easier.
You should train your brain to “shut down” and wake up at specific times.
Doing this teaches your body when it is time to rest and when it is time to progress.
- Invest in a good mattress
We spend ⅓ of our lives sleeping. With that, we shouldn’t compromise buying a good mattress because it plays an essential role in the quality of our sleep for quite a long time.
Bonus: The pillow is also an excellent investment. So spend your money wisely on a comfortable one.
- Remember the six keywords.
- Cold – 60-65 degrees is a perfect temperature for sleeping.
- Noise – It should be quiet in your room.
- Darkness – It should be dark when you sleep, so buying dark curtains is a smart idea.
- Bath – Taking a hot bath helps in reducing body temperature, which is important for sleeping. Consider it a BONUS
- Caffeine – Eliminate caffeinated beverages after late afternoon because your sleep will suffer.
- Electronics – Don’t look at your phone, laptop, TV before bed. The blue light is damaging your sleep, so reading a book is preferable.
If you are finally ready to get the best rest of your life and say goodbye to insomnia and low-quality sleep, follow these tips and come back here to thank us later!